Make a Difference. Start Today.
Want a rewarding career in a fast growing industry?
Neovera is looking for talented and driven people to join our team.
What Do You Want To Do?
Neovera is a trusted provider of complex hosting solutions, leveraging over a decade of unmatched technical expertise in IT consulting and infrastructure managed services. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Neovera’s clients range from start-up and non-profit organizations, to global media, distance-learning, and financial institutions. Our goal is to assist clients in achieving superior return on their investment with the optimization and management of high-availability IT infrastructure solutions.
Azure DevOps Administrator – Remote
Division: Technology Infrastructure
FLSA Classification: Salaried/Exempt
Salary Grade: TBD
Travel: minimal, as needed
Purpose: Seeking an Administrator with experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and with knowledge of Windows Server environments, while having strong troubleshooting and communication skills. Assist in planning and implementing solutions in Azure and with migrating private infrastructure to cloud based hosting. Support mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security through standardization and automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop roadmap, tooling and implementing a DevOps model, automating configuration and maintenance activities with scripts (PowerShell experience needed) and other tooling as necessary
- Perform Tier II support at Neovera for customer Azure environments (Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service)
- As part of the Azure DevOps team the administrator is responsible for availability, performance, troubleshooting and recoverability of PaaS & IaaS services hosted in Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support deployment automation, health-check of applications and patching/update activities
- Design, build, and deliver dashboards and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure to identify bottlenecks causing degradation of service quality and/or availability
- Assist with migrations of systems from private infrastructure to public cloud platforms
- Maintain secure environments running in Azure using industry-accepted standards (MFA, encrypted data transfer, etc.)
- Evaluate tools, technologies and processes to improve efficiency and scalability of infrastructure environments
- Work with monitoring tools; manage access and permissions; maintain appropriate configurations; provide recommendations on system improvements
- Act as part of an on-call rotation supporting customer environments in public cloud and on-premise hosted environments
- Work closely with Neovera engineers from other disciplines for support escalation and system interoperability
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell with experience creating and executing scripts, and a goal of automation
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly, and concisely present complicated computer concepts to end-users with differing skill levels
- 2+ years of experience with Azure cloud-based provisioning, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and related automation technologies
- Basic understanding of source control / configuration management including Git; familiarity with Azure DevOps and Visual Studio Code a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL server database (or on-premise SQL Server), troubleshooting server performance issues, writing basic to mid-level queries a plus
- Good understanding of Cloud Computing concepts, Service Models, Deployment Models, associated tools and technologies
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, a proactive mind-set with a focus on constant improvement and follow through at all levels
- Basic understanding of concepts including Routing, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Disaster Recovery, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
- Ability to take ownership of issues, work independently or escalate as needed, and find creative ways to resolve problems
- Experience with application performance monitoring systems like Azure Application Insights a plus
Other desired knowledge, skills, or attributes:
- Azure certification(s) are a plus
- Azure Automation, Microsoft Power Apps, PowerBI Dashboards experience a plus
- Knowledge of Kusto query language and/or Grafana experience a plus
- Experience working with or for an MSP
- Curiosity and strong desire to constantly learn
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities in a high demand environment
The overall well-being of our employees and their families is important, and Neovera provides many valuable benefits, programs, and tools to help manage the various phases, developments, and priorities in your life which include:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses
- Telecommuting and work-life balance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive base salary
- Discounted gym membership
About Neovera: Neovera is a trusted provider of complex hosting solutions, leveraging over a decade of unmatched technical expertise in IT consulting and infrastructure managed services. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Neovera’s clients range from start-up and non-profit organizations, to global media, distance-learning, and financial institutions. Our goal is to assist clients in achieving superior return on their investment with the optimization and management of high-availability IT infrastructure solutions.
Neovera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
The overall well-being of our employees and their families is important, and Neovera provides many valuable benefits, programs and tools to help manage the various phases, developments, and priorities in your life.
- Medical and Dental insurance coverage
- FSA for pre-tax payment of Health and Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurances
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Neovera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable law. Candidates may be subject to a criminal background and/or credit check.
Talk to a Neovera Expert
Let’s discuss a solution that meets your business objectives and technical needs.